WIND POWERED MACHINES
Harnessing the power of the wind.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ART/DESIGN and MATHS.
Our wind powered sailors, riders and pilots will learn about the wonders of wind power, how to harness it and importantly, how to make their creations speed across land, water and through the sky!
Our team of budding inventors learn how to draw, plan and realise their inventions. Our team of designers and engineers will be on hand to guide them through the process and teach them how to realise their wind powered dreams.
The 2 day workshop will include project-based scenarios, with an interdisciplinary approach, encouraging students to explore 'real-world solutions'. The workshop is a space to encourage our budding pioneers to design, craft, experiment and innovate!
The activities will include:
- STEAM concepts and subjects interwoven seamlessly into fun and engaging tasks.
- Opportunities to integrate and apply meaningful and important content in practical exercises.
- Inquiry based, process focused and student centred tasks.
- Investigations that provide students with ownership over their learning, cultivating their ability to think critically, creatively and freely!
- Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Communication!